Saturday, July 26, 2008

what can YOU do in just three days?

You can tour a city or learn to cook or unwind at a spa or host a convention or canoe into the wilderness or get married and celebrate or get wasted, the latter of which is a popular choice on long weekends in summer.

Any of these things would be more sensible than trying to write a novel in three days, but there's a contest to do just that, and I'm tempted. I mean, people have been doing it for thirty years now, so it can't be that bad. Hard, yes, but that's not the same thing. And in three days you can't procrastinate. It would be like stretching myself to the limits of physical possibility... though training for an Ironman is probably a more productive way to do that.

Check it out at 3daynovel.com and tell me I'm crazy to take a second look. I dare ya. Bet you're tempted too.

No comments: