Friday, August 29, 2008

Brain Food

If you love bread (and hate your body), you totally have to try the brioche recipe in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day. And then eat the brioche with jam. Oh my. It's actually the easiest bread recipe I've ever made as well as the most foolproof. Just make sure you have a really really big lidded bowl before you start. This is the part where I pay homage to my dear friend Rosa, who invited me to a Tupperware party the month they were doing their giant bowls for $11 if you bought a bunch of other stuff, which I did. Never thought I'd need that thing and now I can see it taking up permanent status in my 'frig.

Yeah, so, baking brioche at 10pm is not a good plan during no-food-after-7pm week, but neither is getting insomnia at 2am when you have to be up at 5:30. Another not-so-good plan is to eat cereal and read The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge at 3am when you have to be up at 5:30. That book is just plain fascinating and I recommend it highly, for daytime use.

No comments: