Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fate brought us together (honest!)

I went into a bookstore yesterday. A real, independently-owned, cute as a button bookstore complete with comfy sofas and a fireplace and a ton of fabulous books. And what did I buy? Yarn.

Let me tell you quickly, before you throw that cushion, that a portion of what I paid will go to help build a school in Peru and generally support the children of the shepherds who look after the sheep who produced it!

Not good enough? Okay then, how about I fell in love with it because it is so soft - merino wool blended with alpaca and silk - and the colours sang to me? which turned out to be, I think, because they are a dream match for my favourite scarf, the one I bought in England at Liberty on a perfect day from a perfect vacation ten years ago? something I didn't discover until I got home and unpacked them onto said scarf?

Will it make you feel less annoyed if I tell you I finally figured out how to stop the automatic flash on my camera?


Sigh. I don't know why I don't seem to be able to write at the moment, because there are a lot of good ideas floating around in my head, but I will have faith that all this knitty stuff is carrying me along to a better story somehow. Or at least to the Perfect Winter Hat.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Those colours really are sublime...and you know, I would really be the last person to toss sofa cushions at a fellow yarn-stasher. Enjoy!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Trust the muse- she'll bring you to where you need to be.

Lovely yarns- I would have bought them too (and I'm a confirmed book buyer)