Saturday, April 25, 2009

So sew something!

I feel a new procrastination coming on. It started a couple of weeks ago when I was looking at the grocery store's selection of magazines and noticed that Threads magazine had an issue on fitting. Another (misleading to knitters) headline mentioned knits (turns out to mean knit fabrics, not knitting.)

My eyebrows went up but my hands stayed on the cart. I looked at it twice more thinking yeah, but I don't sew my own clothes any more (because it was such a pain to get the fit right.) I don't have time. I don't have space. Then I had a super scary drive to the same store and made a beeline for the magazine and bought it. Who cares if I'm not going to use it? I thought. I'll have it if I ever need it.

Well, since then I've been thinking about garment construction in knitting... and the coming hot weather for which I have already decided I need a new small but flexible wardrobe, and... h'mmm. But this time it will be different. I'm going to try the fitting without any pattern at all! That should take up even more time I should be spending writing, don't you think?

ps for the record, I did a lot more writing this week and I like all of it so far. take that, procrastination girl!

No comments: