Thursday, April 30, 2009

We all scream for ice cream

Actually, I don't scream. I get my spoon into position. Favourites:

Vanilla Gelato
Not an ice cream, but it's my blog and I'll count it if I want to.

Haagen Dasz Vanilla Swiss Almond
Fun Fact: If you're living in an el-cheapo apartment with a tepid freezer, the standard tub is small enough to eat at one sitting. As is the second you walk back to the store for. If you move to a better apartment, the protein and dairy make it an acceptable substitute for breakfast. Assuming your metabolism looks like a rabbit in motion.

Baskin-Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip and regular Chocolate Chip and for milkshakes, Gold Medal Ribbon
Fun Fact: When my parents moved us to a new town they successfully bribed me out of throwing any more tantrums about it by pointing out that unlike the old one, the new town had a Baskin-Robbins.

Orange Sherbet
Again, not an ice cream.
Fun Fact: I used to get this with Bob Walsh at Christie's Dairy, either poured into a plastic cone with a giant gumball in the bottom, or molded over a stick that had a pirate-related scene molded onto that. We also used to get popsicles there molded over a plastic chainlike stick you could assemble into structures if you collected enough of them. And boy, did we collect enough.

3 comments:

Binnie Brennan said...

The gumball always disintegrated upon chewing, but the thrill of the gumball outweighed the quality, or lack thereof.

Mary Keenan said...

I loved how the colour dye from the gumball swirled into the melting sherbet...

Kathleen Taylor said...

three words: Jamoca Almond Fudge

and five more: Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter