Friday, September 11, 2009

Floods

I don't have a head cold for an excuse today, though it has been a stressful week, and I was preoccupied at the time - does that count? Do I get points at least for having good intentions about being all tidy and organized when I flooded the kitchen again?

After I got the towels into the wash getting even wetter than they did wiping up the floor, I had questions:

Why don't kitchen sinks come with that little hole near the rim that bathroom sinks do? Is it to keep potato peelings from ending up in inner sink oblivion?

Would it make a difference if I folded laundry in the kitchen when running water to wash dishes?

Would it make a difference if I didn't try to do anything else while waiting for the sink to fill?

Do I need to start taking naps again?

Should I hire a manservant? Or possibly eat out more so as to dirty fewer pots?


and one small observation as well:

MAN, does the kitchen floor ever feel clean after a bath in all that soapy water!