Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mondays - now with 90% less doom

I wasn't expecting to get much done yesterday, now that my local coffeeshop features flashing neon signs for procrastination in the form of free wireless.

So I mostly stayed home and hoped for the best and here's what had happened by the time I packed it in:

I finished a complete draft of my short story
I did all the laundry and folded it and put it away
I went to the dentist, who found no cavities
I made an actual supper with real-food ingredients and
I heard that my submission was selected for inclusion in an anthology.

(admittedly, it is a knitting anthology, which is just going to fuel my procrastinatory efforts in that direction, but still - not to be confused with doom!!)

In fact the only thing that was doomy about the whole day was that I ate no chocolate.

No, wait. I ate three chocolate covered cookies and, um, a lot more than that of the chocolate covered ice cream bars clogging up the freezer. As you were.