Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Not so very crafty

Oh dear.

I finally gave in yesterday and ordered some craft books about making things with old fabrics. And you know what that means:

more shopping
(in second hand stores for old fabrics, since I gave away all my own old fabrics to second hand stores) and
more time spent doing anything but writing.

Interestingly, I've been thinking a lot lately about the story I left behind, aka the novel I worked on at the Humber School for Writers. I got to a tricky part and thought I'd set it aside until I had worked out a solution for it. That was about 14 months ago. I still don't have one, but I'm kinda caring about the two main characters again, so maybe they're working on it for me.

And in the meantime, I can deliberately shrink a lot of old wool sweaters and make Christmas ornaments out of them. Yay!

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

When the characters speak, you will have to listen. In the meantime, let them talk amongst themselves while you re-amass old fabrics (I've done that too...)