Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Owl Pen

Yesterday as I was scrambling out the door I checked for the mail and found a parcel in the box. A book!

and I hadn't ordered any books!

Of course, I had to be late then, and stop to open it up. Inside I found The Owl Pen, by Kenneth M. Wells, beautifully illustrated by his wife, Lucille Oille.


Confusinger and confusinger - until I read the packing slip and saw it had been ordered for me by my cousin, the one who is so vastly clever at finding all the best books.

If the first page is anything to go by, I'm in for a real treat with this one, but what a treat it's been already. I don't think there's anything better than a lovely vintage hardcover book, sent by surprise to your very own mailbox.

(except maybe reading it over tea and biscuits.)

No comments: