Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Raw material

My stealth goal for this past weekend - the one I planned under cover of other much more sensible goals, also achieved - was to acquire a whole mess of second-hand wool sweaters and felt them, so I can cut them up to make into Other Things.

Mission Accomplished!


I was able to resist starting into them, mostly because of those other more sensible deadlines, but I know I'm going to succumb before 10 more days have gone by. Even though the next 14 are filled with sensible deadlines too.

Meanwhile, I have a peachy-pink vintage wool blanket to get into hot water, bwa ha ha.

2 comments:

Kathleen Taylor said...

I cannot wait to see what you make with all that yummy felt!

TexNan said...

Those are wonderful, Maire. Dang, I wish we had that kind of choice down here. My bestest was an ivory wool blanket Daisy found on a trip to New York.

Me too on looking forward to seeing what you do with it. It's such a fun thing to work with.