Monday, December 7, 2009

Midway through the mitten frenzy

No pictures today - I realized there is just a slim chance that somebody due to receive a pair might actually read this.

However, you will be thrilled to know that I managed to come up with a girl-sized pattern in the better-fitting style I discovered last weekend, which involved much ripping and resewing and trimming and ripping again, so as to make a paper pattern of the result.

Plus, I:

bought a ton more sweaters to felt (ton = 7.)

cut out all the remaining outer mittens and liner mittens needed for the entire Frenzy.

cleaned up all the wool dust from the washer and dryer where I did said cutting.

managed to cram all the sweater remains - enough to make any number of little bags and slippers and so forth if I could only decide how - into a giant green plastic garbage bag to do something with later.

put the remaining 5 uncut sweaters into my crafty cupboard as a start for next year's festive frenzy, whatever that might prove to be.

resisted ice cream.

Man. Do I ever need a holiday.

No comments: