Saturday, January 2, 2010

The sweater scheme

This is what the outside of my house looks like today:


(It looks like this, and it feels like -17 degrees Celcius, which is - coincidentally - the temperature.)

Why? Because last night I snuck over to my pile of still-intact felted sweaters, looking for one that could be adapted into a cardigan.

The first one I tried on just needs cutting straight down the front and then some trim

the middle ones went straight back into the pile with a shudder, and

the last one would make a great vest with some creative clipping around the shoulders.

And all I need to transform said sweaters is to be able to open the sewing machine, which has been, um, blocked by the Christmas tree.

If only this motivation to put Christmas away would work every year...

No comments: