Thursday, August 5, 2010

Giving in to the thrift

I've been thrifting again, thanks to Trish and her own recent thrifting projects - just when my house was at maximum craft capacity!

There was simply no way to resist this already-felted green pullover, though:


And after months of looking fruitlessly for sheets sufficiently white with flowers to use as lining for the tote bags I keep making - well, I wasn't about to turn up my nose at all these:


Which brings me back to the problem of maximum capacity. Let's just say that organization is not longer enough - purging of unneeded extras is now called for...


... and that includes about 15 years' worth of fiction writing that went nowhere. Really, do I need all those rejection letters?? (as it happens, yes, so I kept them - but I didn't keep every draft of manuscripts I wrote ten years ago and wouldn't do a thing with today.)

At least now the felted sweaters have a home near the lining fabric. And there might be just enough room now for one or two more of them, ahem.

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

A few years ago, I tossed out the manuscripts of books that were published. I have the files, I have the published books, and no one is ever going to want the computer printouts. But it was hard, and I sometimes wonder if it was the right decision.

Love the sheets- btw.