Sunday, March 27, 2011

This seems physically impossible

Explain the math to me, somebody.  My storage room looked full but accessible before I started getting rid of stuff.  After, it looked like a bomb site with little pathways.

Today I took another foray in there and sent six boxes out to Goodwill and dumped a solid box of paper into recycling and

it looks even worse.

So my questions are:

How is this possible?

and

Can the situation be improved by chocolate?

(no, really, that was a joke, because of course all situations are improved by chocolate, unless it's really bad chocolate - there is such a thing - and there is no other chocolate within ten yards in which case the situation is automatically a disaster.)

The real second question:

Do I need to hire somebody to come in and make it all go away, or should I just go in there and start carrying it all out to the car without considering what I should keep and what needs to go?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The same thing happens to me. It seems to be related to exercising and dieting only to add 2 pounds to my weight!

Kathleen Taylor said...

I don't have any answers for you, but I do know that I've been using stash yarns exclusively for recreational knitting for 18 months, and I still don't see a change in the yarn levels. I think it's multiplying!

Upcycler said...

I'm experiencing the same thing right now! I took everything out of the storage room to "organize" it. Now it's everywhere and less organized than it was in the beginning. I know that it is necessary in order to truly organize, but try explaining that to my husband who just thinks I am becoming a hoarder!

http://functionallydysfunctual.blogspot.com